dragas y pirates

random thoughts on the adventures de una ecua y su hijita living in a harsh mundo where they survive with the help of her alter ego the angry pirate... arg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ozone Park, New York, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

better safe than sorry... shut up

so these past few months have been filled with many emotions. i'm happy and excited about being a new mom. but i've also worried to no end about my baby's health and well being. my shiney new private doctor has not helped matters.

a couple of weeks back i got a phone call that a blood test came back funny. they advised me to get an amnio better to know now... so i went to get my test done even though my beau was not happy with them sticking a huge needle in my tummy. I found out before my test that the chances the baby had something wrong were 1 in 141.... less than 1%. but i let myself get sucked into that better to know now mentality and got the test done anyways. it hurt like a bitch...

today... i went for my second trimester sonogram. it was actually my second go at this sonogram because the first time i went they were unable to get all the pics they needed. so this go around the baby (stubborn like her parents) would not turn and face the camera so that all important picture of the heart was unattainable. now because of this they want to refer me to a prenatal cardiologist... not because they saw something wrong but because they just didn't see the heart. My baby's heart is a perfect 4 chamber heart that beats at a perfect 150 bpm... she doesn't need any more tests done. the technician said to me better safe than sorry...

so what is it? why all these little saying being thrown at me. tell me something concrete. stop making me worry!!! i have more important things to worry about.. like what color scheme the baby's room and bedding will be...just let me enjoy this without the needles and the beeping machines... just my beau and i curled up in bed feeling our healthy baby girl kick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home