dragas y pirates

random thoughts on the adventures de una ecua y su hijita living in a harsh mundo where they survive with the help of her alter ego the angry pirate... arg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ozone Park, New York, United States

Monday, January 30, 2006

Baby chower

At least that's how my mom says it.
this weekend my best friend mala, cousin dre@ and mom threw me a baby shower... at a reggaeton club my mom rented out for the afternoon. but there was no regaeton played that day. only corney ecuadorian music which everyone except mala enjoyed. my aunts couldn't stop raving about the music... considering that it was a baby shower i didn't mind.. although the dj was annoying when he called me the wife of my boyfriend's name cuz he forgot my name... that got a "anda dile a ese pendejo el nombre que se le olvido" from my boyfriend.

I got lots of presents and the food was great. i even got a song dedicated to my by my beau... which although it was badly sung (by the dj) it's the most romantic thing he's done for me in public. it was nice...

everyone did a good job and i had fun. i just hope labor is as good...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when are you due?

1:04 PM  
Blogger Fea said...

I'm due the first week of march

2:13 PM  
Blogger Dr. Mommy, D.D.S. said...

hi fea, i've been reading your post for a while since i started my own blog not to long ago. i was in your shoes a short while back (my daughter just turned 2 in january). congratulations on your baby girl!!! did you pick out a name yet?

i can't tell you how everything will go when it's your turn, since every woman's pregnancy and experiences are different. i can only tell you from what i know and what i myself went through. and i heard a TON of advice about lamaze, breastfeeding, and all that stuff, and it was just too much to process at that point. you'll learn all that as you go along. my only advice to you would be to keep things in perspective and know that it's a really tough but worthwhile experience. expect long hours of huffing and puffing, expect that it will hurt (but you can ask for pain meds if you want them), and expect not to get any rest, especially if you go into labor late at nite (which is what happened to me!). but also remember this - it's all over in a matter of hours and you get this awesome, wonderful, undescribable reward at the end. i won't delude you into thinking that nothing can ever go wrong, yeah, it sometimes happens and sometimes there are complications and i was just as nervous as you probably are now. but as my mom told me, the odds are in your favor. you and your baby are healthy, as as prickish as the doctors may be sometimes, they do know what they're doing. but always trust your body, you'll know when something feels right or out of sorts. trust the docs, but also trust yourself. you'll get the most out of the birth experience if you are the one in control.

good luck with everything, mommyhood changes you forever!

and screw that bitch of a boss. it's just a job, not your life. your family always comes first. sometimes it's really difficult working with chicks...

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home