dragas y pirates

random thoughts on the adventures de una ecua y su hijita living in a harsh mundo where they survive with the help of her alter ego the angry pirate... arg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ozone Park, New York, United States

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ecuabella goes to school... almost

i'm struggling with the decision to put my little pirate in day care. i'm afraid someone is not going to care for her as well as my mom or me. i'm afraid that she's gonna run the teachers crazy and they'll call me and tell me my daughter is too wild. i'm afraid of the first day i drop her off and she cries as i leave. well let's face it we'll both cry.

but i think she needs other little people around her. so she can learn to share and socialize and maybe pick up a toy or two. and she wants to go to "school" so she can write and color. i know cuz i've asked her. i sat her down and we talked. it was a mostly one sided conversation that finally ended with her saying ok mami...leche chocowate. and then i gave her her chocolate milk and declared to my husband... i don't think i'm ready.

i called the day care center on thursday. the same center my brothers and i went to when we where children. they asked me how old she was. 2.5 yrs. they asked me if she was potty trained... i exagerated(lied?)... yes. then they told me i had to come down and apply but they didn't have any openings till september. whew!!! i have time to get ready. till then there's leche chocowate for us both.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, now I am gonna cry....I hope she doesn't call anyone else Mina! =( Love you.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did she ever get in school??? diego went to daycare for a few days [for a rest for me] cuz ramel was there working at the same place... diego did good- didn't miss me a stitch!! his first day of pre-school, he was 3 and he didnt cry for me... this little girl [in his classroom] was crying up a storm so i cried for her instead HAHA... sadly, i think my isabella will be the girl that cries so loudly on the first day, you'll hear her a block away... they'll call the fire department cuz they'd think her cries were the fire alarm!

i hope your bella does well in school!! and you too, without her ;)

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home