dragas y pirates

random thoughts on the adventures de una ecua y su hijita living in a harsh mundo where they survive with the help of her alter ego the angry pirate... arg

My Photo
Name:
Location: Ozone Park, New York, United States

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

domain names and crap

One of the new duties my new jefe has given me is to set up our company's domain name and mail and such. I started on monday. Now i know i'm computer illiterate pero me defiendo and it shouldn't be that hard to set up freakin microsoft outlook... i shouldn't be but it has been. i finally get the shit set up after being on the phone for hours with the hosting peeps... seems like the domain name my boss wanted is already owned (nice for the hosting site to tell me that the second day i'm pulling my hair out no?) so fine i choose another domain name... ends up that my jefe says it's too long.. is it my fault that the freakin company's name is long?? he insists that he owns the other shorter domain name. i tell him no some guy named (insert boy's name here-- domain man?) owns it.. yeah says my jefe... that's us, he set it up for us. he tells me this last night while having dinner with his wife.. nice, now i know my wednesday morning is going to be spent changing all the shit i just did.. *sarg.
so now it ends up that the domain name cannot be transferred to me or my jefe until Domain man(hehe sounds like da main man... but he ain't cuz he's the reason i'm arging today) approves the transfer. too bad Domain man won't do that until he receives payment.. too bad Domain man and my boss no longer speak to each other and too bad that for the past 2 days i've been wasting my time doing this. on the upside.. i got outlook to work.. on the downside.. it's not the email my boss wants.. cuz the other one is already on the business cards.. would it be that hard to freakin just print some new ones?? yeah i didn't think so.
so i'm upset... no not upset irritated. El Jefe should have told me the whole story before i started with this shit. But no... and now to release tesion i'm doing a crossword puzzle instead of attacking that hardware room... day 3 at this job and it's not looking good.. not looking good at all... arg.
um anyone know a 4 letter word for Borodin prince???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home